Franklin TN Emergency Dentists Available After Hours
What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
Any dental problem requiring immediate treatment in order to save a tooth, stop ongoing tissue bleeding, or alleviate severe pain can be a dental emergency. Call to speak with one of our Doctors to determine your best course of action.
Some Common Dental Emergencies Include
- Teeth that are knocked out or knocked loose – See Tips for Preserving a Tooth below
- A cracked tooth – A cracked or fractured tooth is a serious issue suggesting that damage has occurred to the inside of a tooth as well as to the outside. Call Aspen Grove Dental right away.
- Tissue injury and facial pain – Puncture wounds, lacerations, or tears to the lips, cheeks, mouth, and tongue are considered dental emergencies and may also warrant a trip to the emergency room. Call our office immediately to reach the emergency dentist on call.
- Objects stuck in the mouth – Call our office rather than using any sharp or pointed instruments to attempt to dislodge an object. Our Dentist on call can help determine your best course of action.
- Toothaches – Pain caused by infection or abscess in the mouth, which can be life-threatening, may need to be treated right away. Call and let our dentists know so they can help you with a treatment plan.
Tips for Preserving a Tooth
If a tooth has been knocked out, the clock is ticking – 30 minutes may make the difference between saving a tooth or not!
- Do not delay calling our office to speak with a dentist.
- Keep the tooth moist at all times.
- If you can, place the tooth back in the socket without touching the root.
- If that is not possible, place the tooth between your cheek and gums.
- Placing the tooth in milk or using a tooth preservation kit is also an option.
When In Doubt – Call!
Call Aspen Grove Dental Associates when experiencing a dental emergency. You will always find a caring Doctor on call and ready – during and after hours – to carefully assess, advise, and treat your dental emergency.
When we say that you’ll feel like family here, we really mean it! If you are in the Franklin, TN area, and you are experiencing pain, we want to help! Don’t wait – just call!