Put Your Aspen Grove Dental Smile to Good Use!
Here, at Aspen Grove Dental, we’re all about the smile. We dedicate ourselves every day to making sure our patients get the care and maintenance needed to keep their smiles shining brightly. But we believe creating smiles means more than dental work. It’s about kindness and sharing and treating everyone with care and respect. We’ve seen the huge smiles a small kindness can uncover and we think right now the world can stand to have more smiles. Here are thirty easy suggestions for helping us create new smiles on a daily basis. Pick one (or more) and try it out. We guarantee the smile in your heart will outshine even the smile on the recipient’s face.
Thirty Ways to Create a Smile
- Compliment a stranger
- Send a paper thank you note
- Pay for the coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Hold your tongue – pause before responding when angered
- Act out your gratitude.
- Listen when no one else wants to.
- Leave a book for a stranger.
- Let someone ahead of you in the check-out line.
- Reconnect with an old friend.
- Make your neighbors brownies.
- Pick up litter.
- Ask an elder for advice.
- Leave flowers for a stranger
- Ask your child’s teacher what you can do to help her/him
- Offer to babysit for a single mom.
- Return a shopping cart that was left in the parking lot.
- Bring your co-workers bagels.
- Say “hello” to a stranger.
- Buy a meal for a homeless person.
- Thank a teacher who changed your life.
- Leave more than the standard tip for your server.
- Compliment a stranger on how well-behaved their children are.
- Put your phone away and really listen to a loved one.
- Let someone into your lane when you’re driving.
- Be the person who puts a tip in the tip jar (fewer people than you’d think actually do)
- Call your mom.
- Pick up that litter and throw it in the trash.
- Write your partner a list of things you love about them.
- Sneak a love note into your child’s lunch box.
- Purchase extra dog or cat food and deliver it to the local shelter.
- (BONUS ONE) Now that you've made someone happy, compliment them on their beautiful smile!
Keep the Kindness Going
For more ideas on how to keep the kindness flowing, there are all “kinds” of sites out there. Here are a few of our favorite:
A Deed a Day (www.goodst.org): A community committed to changing the world, one small act at a time.
The Pay it Forward Foundation (www.payitforward.foundation/): Helping people better the world through high-impact programs.
Random Acts of Kindness (https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/kindness-ideas): Share and find great kindness ideas.
At Aspen Grove Dental our mission is to keep your smiling bright.