2019 Spring Break Staycation Ideas – Franklin, Tennessee
After a long winter, we are very excited that spring is on its way! We hope you get the opportunity to welcome spring with a wonderfully curated family vacation, but don't fret if a staycation is in store for you this year – a lot is going on right here in our own backyard!
Spring Break In Historic Franklin, TN
There is a lot to do right here in our beautiful home town! 5 Points at Historic Downtown Franklin has that cozy small town feel with the sophistication and variation of big city fun! Unique shopping, excellent food, and so much more...
- Pinkerton Park is within walking distance of Historic Franklin, pet-friendly, and kid-friendly, it includes playgrounds, bike paths, walking trails and lots of history! Don't forget to bring change for the new ping pong tables!
- While you're enjoying the hustle and bustle of Historic Franklin, You don't want to miss the opportunity to see a show at the Historic Franklin Theatre! You can enjoy music, movies, and live performances complemented by full bar & concessions!
- Swing by and see The Pull-Tight Players, a few blocks off the Historic Franklin Town Square, as they finish out their 50th season with Steel Magnolias followed by Big Fish.
Spring Break 2019 In Nashville, TN
Did you know that Nashville ranked #4 in Best Summer Vacation Destination? So if you're wondering what to do with the kiddos in Nashville this Spring Break – Look no further!
- Enjoy a game with the family – Catch The Nashville Sounds vs. The Texas Rangers in their exhibition game on March 24th.
- Bridgestone Arena never disappoints – from a Predators game to a UFC fight, from Mumford and sons to Kelly Clarkson, there is an event for you this Spring!
- The Plaza Mariachi! – The Plaza Mariachi CULTURAL EXPERIENCE offers a unique blend of culture, art, music, entertainment, food, services and retail in one location. It begins with the decor in the style of traditional marketplace streets from old Mexico and weaves Latin culture into a walk of history. You’ll hear Hispanic music, see Latin relics, discover old and new Mexico in food, fashion and so much more.
- The Nashville Zoo – A beautiful place to spend a sunny day! The extraordinary Jungle Gym play area is unparalleled all on its own but add that to the Lorikeet Landing, Critter Encounters, and Kangaroo Kickabout, and it is sure to excite the whole family!
- The Adventure Science Center – Featuring over 175 hands-on interactive exhibits with themes including biology, physics, visual perception, listening, mind, air and space, energy and earth science. IF you want a little extra, then strap on your tool belts for Adventure Science Center's Tinkering Garage, January 19 – April 7, Nashville's premier DIY maker-space for families, school children and science enthusiasts of all ages!
- Stop into Tpac – Amazing theatrical experience with shows like; Anastasia, and Shakespeare In Love, or for a more kid-friendly experience don't miss Family Day At The Ballet on March 31st!
- The Nashville Children’s Theatre – You may want to pop in for a delightful show, or let the kiddos enjoy a week over spring break--immersed in the theatre during a fun-filled drama camp! (before and after care is available)
- The Frist Museum – If you're looking for inspiration, education, and family fun, then spend an afternoon at The Frist! 18 and under are always free at the Frist Art Museum!
We, here at Aspen Grove, want to be the first to wish you a Happy Spring!