Put Life Behind You With A Scenic Day Trip!
With the school year beginning, it may be time to stay a little closer to home, but that doesn’t mean you can’t plan a Tennessee day trip! The fall is a beautiful time to visit many amazing destinations just a leisurely drive away.
In less than a few hours...
So, what if, within about the time it takes to watch a movie on Netflix, you could be experiencing a travel adventure with your family? Listed here are just a few of the amazing destinations just a hop, skip, and a day trip from home! Whether you want to explore someplace new or return for a fall family tradition, put these scenic locations on your short list of places to go.
- Mammoth Cave National Park – Mammoth Cave National Park preserves the cave system and a part of the Green River valley and hilly country of south central Kentucky. This is the world's longest known cave system, with more than 400 miles (643 km) explored.
- Land Between the Lakes – Bike, drive, hike, picnic, relax, swim, and watch wildlife… all for free! Access over 300 miles of undeveloped shoreline, 200 miles of paved roads, 500 miles of trails, and 170,000 acres of forests and open lands.
- Center Hill Lake – Facilities located at Center Hill Lake include Edgar Evins State Park and the Joe L. Evins Appalachian Center for Crafts. Burgess Falls State Natural Area and Rock Island State Park are also located on the lake.
- Rock Island State Park – The rugged beauty of the park includes the Caney Fork Gorge below Great Falls Dam. These overlooks are some of the most scenic and significant along the Eastern Highland Rim. Great Falls is a 30-foot horseshoe cascading waterfall, located below the 19th-century cotton textile mill that it powered over 100 years ago.
- Rock City Gardens – Rock City is a true marvel of nature featuring massive ancient rock formations, gardens with over 400 native plant species, and breathtaking "See 7 States" panoramic views. Take an unforgettable journey along the Enchanted Trail where each step reveals natural beauty and wonders along the woodland path.
- Tennessee Aquarium – Enjoy a remarkable journey from the mountains to the sea as you explore above and below the surface in the Aquarium’s two buildings.
- Tennessee Valley Railroad – The Tennessee Valley Railroad has been described as a moving museum, offering an interactive, historical experience that will add an extra dimension to your visit to Chattanooga’s popular attractions. Here you will find the only regularly scheduled, full-sized train ride in Tennessee. But it is so much more than just entertainment!
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center – Dozen of interactive exhibits encourage visitors to the United States Space & Rocket Center to be an astronaut for the day.
- Pickwick Landing State Park– Pickwick Landing State Park is located just south of Pickwick Dam, 14 miles south of Savannah, in Hardin County. Noted for its excellent water recreation the lake and river offer fishing, boating, swimming and a marina.
Gas up the car and pack up the snacks!
Take your pick, North, South, East, or West! Get in your car, put some miles behind you and notice how the daily pressures fade and the memory making begins! Don’t let this fall season pass you by without planning a few jaunts through our beautiful neck of the woods.
When you get home, don’t forget to schedule your family’s Dental Care!
Call Aspen Grove Dental Associates at (615) 790-8494, or request an appointment online.